COVID-19 Update – 21 March 2020
Posted on: 21 March
In this time of uncertainty and change, an update will be issued each Saturday to keep Members informed on the COVID-19 impact at the Club. Obviously should the need arise, immediate communication will be provided.
This Week’s Update.
- With the principle of keeping access to the course available, all access to the property (course and clubhouse) is limited to strictly members only. Unfortunately, no spouses, children or friends are permitted as we work towards minimising the risks of a contamination at the Club.
- All golf must now be booked using electronic timesheets as this assists in social distancing, avoids members congregating around the book on arrival timesheet and it also provides the data should we need to contact members prior to or after a round.
- The staff in all areas have been spilt into two teams so that should a contamination occur, it is expected that the club could still operate. Where practical, staff are working remotely. If a contamination was to occur, it is expected the property would be required to close immediately for cleaning.
- There will be no presentations after golf.
- Tables throughout the building have been spaced apart and must not be moved nor additional chairs added as everything that we can practically do to reduce the risks is being implemented. While this changes some of the aspects that make the club such as special place, they are only temporary and necessary.
- Some areas of the clubhouse including the Rotunda and the Dining Room are now closed to all access as it reduces the amount of area that needs to be monitored and cleaned.
- One of the staff is the designated “Hygiene Officer” each day with the responsibility of ensure the stringent cleaning processes and operational practices are being undertaken.
- It is a very challenging time for everyone and particularly our much valued staff who play such an important role at the Club. With them, with each other, and with everyone, I would ask in these very stressful times that our attitude is always positive, respectful and supportive. Let’s be the ones helping those in need rather than those with a garage full of ‘loo-paper’!
- Any member or employee who feels sick with cold-like symptoms must not attend the club under any circumstances.
- Members who are at a greater risk of suffering seriously from the virus, including older members and those with chronic illness should seriously consider their need to visit the club at all.
- It is vitally important that if a member or staff member tests positive to COVID-19, they must inform the club as soon as possible. If this has occurred, anyone testing positive will be contacted by the State/Territory Department of Health in relation to contact tracing. Should any member test positive for the Corona Virus, you should contact the General Manager, Peter Stackpole immediately on 0484-006-499. You will be required to provide a Doctors Certificate stating that you are not carrying COVID-19, before entry is permitted.
- If you have returned from overseas on or from midnight on 15 March 2020, you must self-isolate for fourteen days and not attend the Club. If you develop any symptoms seek urgent medical advice.
- All members should practice ‘social distancing’ at all times!
- Players are encouraged to wear a glove at all times and use it for when touching surfaces such as the scoring terminals, handling sand-buckets and retrieving the ball from the hole. Please play with the flag in at all times.
- Any member who is aware of another member that needs assistance in any regard at this time should advise the office and the Club will provide necessary support.
For simple, easy to understand advice including important health tips, you can also refer to the Australian Government Department of Health website – Click here for the Link.
For further information from the Federal Government on COVID-19, the Coronavirus Health Information Line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 1800 020 080
The next scheduled update to this information will be issued at 11.00am on Saturday 28 March, 2020.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,